Some of the ways we keep ourselves out of touch with our bodies…
– Checking the time to see if I’ve had enough sleep
– Trying to remember how much I’ve eaten in order to know how much to eat now.
– Putting on my glasses when my eyes hurt…instead of resting them.
– Using pain relievers and antacids.
– Wearing loose clothing so I don’t have to feel the contours of my body.
– Putting shoes between me and the ground.
– Breathing through my mouth (which has no sense of smell).
– Using chemicals to prevent my body from having its natural odor.
– Being careful not to brush up against strangers in a crowd
– Holding myself back from touching people when I talk to them.